How to best handle a dispute
The law does not operate in a vacuum. It is there to regulate transactions and to resolve disputes when they arise.
The difference between a really good lawyer and an average one is often not the amount of law they know, but how well they are able to tailor that knowledge to obtain answers to such vital questions as:
- What are my client’s goals?
- How can they be achieved in the most practical and cost effective manner?
- What is the best way to obtain the desired result, whether through negotiation, mediation or litigation?
- What is required to be done to ensure that my client’s case is presented in the best possible way?
- If a problem arises in my client’s business, is there a practical way to avoid or minimise the risk of such a problem arising again?